velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Lynch" <peterly...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Velocity v1.2-rc3
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 07:13:35 GMT
Ok, I admit I just skipped over your messages about the "build" changes
stuff. Entirely my fault.
I just grabbed it from the release builds and ran.

I like your thought about making the dependency jar available. If that was
there next to the other releases, I may have clued in ( err..it would have
been harder for me to clue out :-) )

Thanks,

-Peter

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@optonline.net>
To: <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: Velocity v1.2-rc3

<snip>

Let me start by saying that

1) I did announce this more than once, as recently as yesterday or the day
before :)
2) I put it in the README

<snip>

Anyhow, this is why rc3 is a rc rather than a release - things changed so we
wanted to see what would go wrong for people - so I will try to

1) document it even better than the README
2) also include a second jar with dependencies for the 1.2 release, and then
stop that with 1.3 (but leave the jar-dep target in the build :)

Hope this helps.

Geir

geirm@optonline.net
>> System and Software Consulting
>> "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
> safety
>> deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
>>

>> --
>> For additional commands, e-mail:

> For additional commands, e-mail:

Geir Magnusson Jr.                       geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting
You're going to end up getting pissed at your software
anyway, so you might as well not pay for it. Try Open Source.

For additional commands, e-mail: