velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Lynch" <peterly...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Velocity v1.2-rc3
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 00:35:29 GMT
A few issues for me....

I was using Nightly build of velocity 1.3 dev from October 28, 2001 no
probs.
Also RC2 worked no problem.

Now I first see this with RC3:

org/apache/commons/collections/ExtendedProperties
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.configuration.Configuration.<init>(Configuration
.java:182)

So I then added commons-collections.jar to my webapp's lib dir. Thought I
was home free until
this:

org/apache/log/output/AbstractOutputTarget
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.LogManager.createLogSystem(LogManager.java:1
04)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.initializeLogger(RuntimeInstance
.java:468)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:259)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeSingleton.init(RuntimeSingleton.java:169)
        at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.init(Velocity.java:123)

Questions
1. Removing deprecated classes between release candidates. Is this typical?
2. How do I get a hold on the org.apache.log.* classes? Or should I if I
don't want that dependency?