velocity-user mailing list archives

From Kenny Scott <ke...@irreverence.co.uk>
Subject Problem: Velocity can't locate HttpRequest
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 12:37:01 GMT
Hi,

I've been pulling my hair out for the past 4 hours trying to solve a really
bizarre problem, in that on one specific server, I keep getting this message
when trying to run a basic servlet that extends VelocityServlet:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

Now, I find this really bizarre because normal servlets run fine.

I am using Tomcat 3.2.3, and Velocity 1.4.1.  I have tried this on 2 other
servers and they both work fine... so I'm utterly confused.

Also, if I try to run "ant test", I get this:

  junit/framework/TestCase

Has anyone else ever had this type of problem?  I'm running this on Debian,
incidentally.

--
Kenny