velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jim Seach <jwse...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OT: DataSourceResourceLoader and versioning
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 17:59:34 GMT
Tim,

I haven't solved the problem you are encountering, but I do have a few
ideas.

You must have already developed routines to load the templates into the
database from the edited files, so you could wrap that in an ANT task,
set up a separate CVS repository for templates, and set up an ANT
target to checkout the templates from CVS and load them into the
database.  That way, you have version control plus an easy way to
deploy.

Another option would be to skip the database repository for the
templates entirely, and instead create a CVSResourceLoader that will
load templates directly from CVS based on a version label.  You could
create an administrative page in your application to update the label
and flush the template cache.

What do you think?

Jim Seach