velocity-user mailing list archives

From Brian Lloyd-Newberry <new...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OT: DataSourceResourceLoader and versioning
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 18:16:23 GMT
--- Tim Colson <tcolson@cisco.com> wrote:
> However, making updates requires a build of the application (in our
> environment) from CVS.

Why don't you seperate out the template distro from the application
distro so that you can redeploy the templates seperate from the
application. We actually do this while the application is running in
emergency cases (although I will be the first to admit that it is not
my wish/desire to do so).

I seems to me that a database implementation won't really help you to
do what you want any more than seperation of the MC from the V at the
deployment level.

Just my 2c,
Brian

=====