velocity-user mailing list archives

From LS <alpha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic Nested Templates
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 19:46:18 GMT
Robert, I think what you are looking for is a web development framework. Velocity,
on the other hand, is a templating engine that happens to work very well with web
frameworks. Several web frameworks exist, and I can recommend Maverick as a very
small, simple, free, and usable way to wrap a framework around Velocity pages.
Turbine, also from the Jakarta project, performs this role, along with doing a lot
of other things.

Geir et al, I wonder if it makes sense to write up a quick blurb on this topic and
put it somewhere visible, like Velocity FAQ?