velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nick Bauman" <n...@cortexity.com>
Subject Re: Velocity exits foreach loop in macro unpredictably -- partial
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 21:20:53 GMT
> On 11/5/01 4:04 PM, "Nick Bauman" <nick@cortexity.com> wrote:
>
>> The preliminary results when caching is turned on shows a reduction in
>> the number of problem transcripts that have fewer lines (from the
>> foreach loop) than they should. In 10,000 iterations in our load
>> testing environment, only a handful have fewer than expected events
>> rendered.
>>

> I'm skeptical.  I assume that you don't get the full output set from
> the #foreach(), but you have follow-on 'stuff' from later in either
> *that macro* or *that template*?

Correct. This is why I think it's the foreach. Mind you, I cannot make a
contrived example do what our load testing environment is doing, which
frustrates the hell out of me! I'm still working on it.

> Or does the render output end abruptly after one of the elements in the
> #foreach() ?

Just to be clear, the render output DOES NOT end abruptly, only that the
template does not render all the legally-renderable events in the meeting
which is iterated over in the foreach loop.

> geir
>
>> More results to come.

>>> Exactly right: you are correct, sir.

>>> -Nick
>>>

>>> --

> Geir Magnusson Jr.                       geirm@optonline.net
> System and Software Consulting
> You're going to end up getting pissed at your software
> anyway, so you might as well not pay for it. Try Open Source.

Those willing to give up a little freedom for a little bread are likely to
lose both. --Sidney Crooke, American Abolitionist