velocity-user mailing list archives

From Vitaly Repetenko <...@mtu.ru>
Subject Re: Symbol escaped in a property
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 11:38:18 GMT

"Geir Magnusson Jr." wrote:

> That's the problem.  I think the Properties is messing you up.
>
> I would override the new initVelocity() method in VelocityServlet, load an
> ExtendedProperties (from org.apache.commons)
>
> Then call
>
> Velocity.setExtendedProperties()
> Velocity.init()
>
> There are some details missing, but I hope this conveys the idea.  The
> ExtendedProperties  respects the, and prevents vectorization...

Good day!

I have made changes in VelocityServlet as you advised in previos message.
Now it works only with two escape symbols (select a from a\\, b). :(
I added also some System.out.println in ExtendedProperties and
it seems that ExtendedProperties executes a property twice.

Thanks in advance,
Vitaly