velocity-user mailing list archives

From Vitaly Repetenko <...@mtu.ru>
Subject Re: An extention of ResourceLoader
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:33:40 GMT

Vitaly Repetenko wrote:

> Good day!
>
> I have a problem with developing an extention of ResourceLoader. I use
> CLOB to store templates in the db.
> Clob class has a method getAsciiStream which returns InputStream, but
> this method does not work with Russian charset.
> I can not use method getCharacterStream because it returns a Reader
> stream and ResourceLoader does not work with Reader. I was trying to use
> a temporary variable (String) and class StringBufferInputStream but this
> class does not properly convert characters into bytes.
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Vitaly

Good day!

I have found some solution.

     public synchronized InputStream getResourceStream( String name )
         throws ResourceNotFoundException
     {
                     if (rs.next())
                     {
                         Clob clob = rs.getClob(templateColumn);
                         String s = clob.getSubString(1, (int)clob.length());

                         return new
ByteArrayInputStream(s.getBytes(inputEncoding));
                     }
     }

But I don't think that this is a good solution.
Is it possible to have ResourceLoader which can work with a Byte stream and  a
Character stream?

Thanks in advance,
Vitaly