velocity-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Reck <Christoph.R...@dlr.de>
Subject Re: requesting some visual improvment to parsing output
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:39:54 GMT
The whitespace handling has been an issue since beginning of Velocity.
I have posted a suggestion on how IMHO it should be. Please look for the
thread on whitespace handling.

The essence is that standalone directives should not output
any whitespaces (including EOL) around it. We could make an
exception for #macro calls, #parse and #include, since these
insert code at the given location.

Please let me know if I should resubmit my proposal.

:) Christoph

P.S. Look at the Anakia generated docs on how strangely formatted
the output looks.

Thomas Ã…hlen wrote:

> I really want my html code to look nice after the velocity has had it's go
> at it.

Fully agree with this!
Currently I use EOL escaping (with a ## at line end) and /*
    space esacaping */ for indented directives to have
somewhat formatted input templates that generate nice output.