velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Multiple templates in servlets
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 23:51:42 GMT
On 11/1/01 6:45 PM, "Jonas Bengtsson" <jonas.b@home.se> wrote:

> Hi,
> <newbie-quiestion-alert>
> Is it possible to use several templates in one servlet. For instance if I
> have three templates called: header.vm, content.vm and footer.vm. Is it
> possible to use all these templates from the servlet, i.e. not with #parse
> directives.
> </newbie-question-alert>

If I understand what you mean - to not use something like a 'frame' template
like

#parse("header.vm")
#parse("content.vm")
#parse("footer.vm")

Then you can actually render each individually into the output stream.  The
included Velocity servlet isn't designed for this - you will have to modify
or roll your own, but yes, it's possible.

Can I ask why you want to do this?

Geir

System and Software Consulting