velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Velocity exits foreach loop in macro unpredictably -- partial solution?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 22:15:45 GMT
On 11/5/01 4:04 PM, "Nick Bauman" <nick@cortexity.com> wrote:

> The preliminary results when caching is turned on shows a reduction in the
> number of problem transcripts that have fewer lines (from the foreach loop)
> than they should. In 10,000 iterations in our load testing environment, only
> a handful have fewer than expected events rendered.

I'm skeptical.  I assume that you don't get the full output set from the
#foreach(), but you have follow-on 'stuff' from later in either *that macro*
or *that template*?

Or does the render output end abruptly after one of the elements in the
#foreach() ?

geir

> More results to come.

>>> So you were seeing that the #macro() was invoked, because you got some
>>> of the items in the list, but you weren't getting through the list
>>> every time?
>>
>> Exactly right: you are correct, sir.
>>
>>> --
>>> Geir Magnusson Jr.
>>> geirm@optonline.net System and Software Consulting
>>> "He who throws mud only loses ground." - Fat Albert
>>>

>> -Nick
>>

>> --

Geir Magnusson Jr.                       geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting
You're going to end up getting pissed at your software
anyway, so you might as well not pay for it. Try Open Source.