velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Character encoding
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:25:37 GMT
On 11/8/01 4:21 PM, "Eric Daras" <eric.daras@dafriser.be> wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> I'm using velocity with Turbine for one week but i get some problems
> with character encoding.  I'm french !!!  The problem append when I want
> to send information from a form into the db.  When I want to get
> information after that, the characters like "é" or "è"  changed into "È"
> and "Ë".  I don't know if the problem comes from Velocity or Turbine !!!
>
> Excuse the bad English

Your English beats my French, hands down.

If thee situation is where it's a submission from a form that you then put
into the db, Velocity isn't involved.

If you are then using velocity for the output, then we have something to
work on.  Can you verify that it's ok in the DB?

System and Software Consulting
"He who throws mud only loses ground." - Fat Albert