velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Velocity v1.2-rc3
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 12:57:40 GMT
On 11/10/01 2:13 AM, "Peter Lynch" <peterlynch@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Ok, I admit I just skipped over your messages about the "build" changes
> stuff. Entirely my fault.
> I just grabbed it from the release builds and ran.
>
> I like your thought about making the dependency jar available. If that was
> there next to the other releases, I may have clued in ( err..it would have
> been harder for me to clue out :-) )

It's pretty clear that the docs have to improve here.  The information is in
the developers guide, and that¹s ok for reference, but not a great place.

So I will add a file, something like

WHY_ARE_THERE_TWO_JARS.txt

And

INSTALL.txt

Into the root of the tree, and I hope that this helps solve it.

Sorry about the confusion.

geir

> Thanks,
>
> -Peter

"He who throws mud only loses ground." - Fat Albert