velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirmagnusso...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: An extention of ResourceLoader
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:58:04 GMT
On 11/14/01 4:22 AM, "Vitaly Repetenko" <vit@mtu.ru> wrote:

> "Geir Magnusson Jr." wrote:

>>> Good day!
>>>
>>> I have found some solution.
>>>
>>>    public synchronized InputStream getResourceStream( String name )
>>>        throws ResourceNotFoundException
>>>    {
>>>                    if (rs.next())
>>>                    {
>>>                        Clob clob = rs.getClob(templateColumn);
>>>                        String s = clob.getSubString(1, (int)clob.length());
>>>
>>>                        return new
>>> ByteArrayInputStream(s.getBytes(inputEncoding));
>>>                    }
>>>    }
>>>
>>> But I don't think that this is a good solution.
>>> Is it possible to have ResourceLoader which can work with a Byte stream and
>>> Character stream?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Vitaly
>>
>> You should be able to do that.  The resource loader just needs to delliver a
>> stream of bytes.
>>

> Good day!
>
> In this case, is it possible to work with templates in Unicode?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Vitaly

Disclaimer : I am barely literate in this stuff...

I don't know if I am answering the question correctly (See the disclaimer
above...)

Velocity will allow you to use any encoding you wish for your templates.  We
have examples available to show how this works - see the EncodingTestCase in
org.apache.velocity.test to see how we do it.  It includes a KOI8-R encoding
example.

Is that what you were looking for?

geir

System and Software Consulting