velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Edgar" <robert.ed...@eeplace.com>
Subject Dynamic Nested Templates
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:31:17 GMT
I am trying to convert existing pages that use xsl into Velocity.

What I want to know is how to implment the following style in Velocity...

<xsl:template match="/page">
	<xsl:call-template name="stdPage">
		<xsl:with-param name="SideBar">
			<xsl:call-template name="SideBar"/>
		</xsl:with-param>
		<xsl:with-param name="panelC">
			<xsl:call-template name="FeatureBoxes" />
		</xsl:with-param>
		<xsl:with-param name="panelR">
			<xsl:call-template name="banner125">
				<xsl:with-param name="index" select="2"/>
			</xsl:call-template>
			<xsl:call-template name="banner125">
				<xsl:with-param name="index" select="3"/>
			</xsl:call-template>
			<xsl:call-template name="banner125">
				<xsl:with-param name="index" select="4"/>
			</xsl:call-template>
		</xsl:with-param>
	</xsl:call-template>
</xsl:template>

If it isn't obvious what I have is a global template which is a standard
page with a left,center and right columns which I will fill with the
contents of parsing other templates. ie I want to call a template and pass
it a parameter which is the result of parsing another template.

I cant see how this is done in Velocity.

Rob