velocity-user mailing list archives

From "mraruba" <mrar...@aaahawk.com>
Subject Obtaining a Template from a specific resource loader ???
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2002 22:45:08 GMT
Hi
I would like to use a specific ResourceLoader to obtain a Template from
my Runtime environment variable even though I may have multiple resource
loaders defined in the properties file.

For example I want to do the following:
template = Velocity.getTemplate
(templateFile,RuntimeConstants.ENCODING_DEFAULT,"file");

Or

template = Velocity.getTemplate
(templateFile,RuntimeConstants.ENCODING_DEFAULT,"database");

Besides the current cpability

template = Velocity.getTemplate
(templateFile,RuntimeConstants.ENCODING_DEFAULT);

The current implementation does not provide this capability or allow me
to extend and create my own Runtime environment todo so. Is there a
reason for this ?

If I wanted to add this capability to the current release and check this
in, how would I go about doing this ?

Thanks

Gerry

"One Thread to rule them all, One Thread to find them, One Thread to
bring them all and in the darkness bind them!"