velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Justin Lawler" <justindlaw...@eircom.net>
Subject Setting logging for Velocity singlton doesnt work
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:22:33 GMT
Why is it that when I set a logging system for the VelocityEngine class eg.
    VelocityEngine.setProperty (RuntimeConstants.RUNTIME_LOG_LOGSYSTEM, new LogSystemImpl());

the logging works, but when i do the same for the Velocity singlton, eg.
    Velocity.setProperty (RuntimeConstants.RUNTIME_LOG_LOGSYSTEM, new LogSystemImpl());

it just resorts to the SimpleLog4JLogSystem. I had a good look through the code and I cant
find any reason why it should do this.

thanks in advance,

Justin