velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Brian P. Davis" <bpda...@lucent.com>
Subject Error configuring loader
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:31:46 GMT
I created a VelocityServlet.  It works fine on my machine, but when I create
a distribution and try to use it on another machine, I get an error
configuring the loader (see stack trace below).  I distributed the webapp
using a WAR file, with the velocity.jar file in the libs directory of the
webapp.  Are you guys familiar with this error, or do you have a clue as to
what might be causing it?  Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error configuring the loader:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed \uxxxx encoding.
 at
org.apache.velocity.servlet.VelocityServlet.init(VelocityServlet.java:213)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:91
6)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:653)
 at
va:214)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 at
va:190)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2343)
 at
)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 at
java:170)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 at
:174)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 at
1012)
 at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107
)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)