velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Brian French" <bfre...@ematic.com>
Subject using anakia
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:22:31 GMT
hey, new to velocity

I'm the web designer for our site, so i don't know any java (leave that to the programmers).
We're using turbine with velocity, and we will be hosting a multiple amount of sites using
most of the same velocity templates. I want to be able to handle certian 'static' pages like
the about us page/contact page using anakia, where i could store their 'about us' info in
a xml file and then call that xml file based apon which domain is being used to access the
template.

now my directory structure looks like:

templates
 |_app
    |_layouts
    |_navigations
    |_screens

resources
 |_ui
    |_skins

where do i need to put the xml files and how do i call them, would the url point to a .vm
file?

what do i need in the templates to grab/parse the xml file?

Brian French