velocity-user mailing list archives

From Leos Literak <liter...@centrum.cz>
Subject Re: scope of introduced variables
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 14:09:30 GMT
Geir,

> This is a subject of recent discussion.   We are going to fix soon.

yes, I've seen that discussion. It'll be great, when
null value will unset variable. Btw could you also
add token null, so we can do it manually?
#set($tmp=null)

>>#macro(first $b)
>>#set($c=$b.Data)
>>$b.OtherData: #second($c)
>>#end
>>and when I set local scope to true, such macros stopped working.

#second. it is not found, because $c is local
=> it disappears when leaving context of #first

I've tried it only once and it stopped working,
so I immediatelly turned it on

> What stops working?  Passing data from 'first' to 'second'?

I don't undestand ..
> In the first case, why can't you initialize the references to be sure?

agree
> context a reference...  I personally don't like #unset() if we can solve
> with a more useful technique like a 'NULL' (so we can compare to it as

	Leo