velocity-user mailing list archives

From Sebastien Chassande-Barrioz <sebastien.chassa...@inrialpes.fr>
Subject Re: macros in other templates
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2002 16:06:23 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> So I would redo the above as
>
> VelocityEngine ve = new VelocityEngine();
> ve.setProperty( VelocityEngine.RUNTIME_LOG_LOGSYSTEM, this);
> ve.setProperty( VelocityEngine. FILE_RESOURCE_LOADER_PATH,
>            "/src/templates");
> ve.setProperty( "velocimacro.library", "file2.vm");
> ve.init();
>
> And that should work.

yes, and thank you for your help. It's perfact. In fact I specify a
basic path for the FILE_RESOURCE_LOADER_PATH property, and a comma list
of .vm file with relative path to the FILE_RESOURCE_LOADER_PATH for the
VM_LIBRARY property:
ve = new VelocityEngine();
ve.setProperty(Velocity.FILE_RESOURCE_LOADER_PATH, "/src/templates");
ve.setProperty(Velocity.VM_LIBRARY, "mydir1/file1.vm,mydir2/file2.vm");
ve.init();

I have a last question: If two files (file1.vm & file2.vm) define a
macro with the same name(toto), wich macro is called ? (toto in file1.vm
  or toto in file2.vm ?)

regards,
Seb
--
Chassande-Barrioz Sebastien
INRIALPES - SIRAC/SARDES Team - ObjectWeb initiative