velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: dvsl: where is $outputfilename in build 0.42 ?
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2002 21:34:45 GMT
Hello,

"Geir Magnusson Jr." wrote:

> On 3/9/02 3:06 PM, "Wido Hillmann" <wido.hillmann@epost.de> wrote:
>
> > In the dvsl context of build 0.33 was by default a useful reference
> > called $outputfilename. I used it to deaktivate the link to the actual
> > document for better user guideing. It is gone now forever?
> >

> I killed it :)
>
> I have some DVSL work to do  this weekend, so I'll put it back somehow.

Maybe expose processing related stuff like this under a name like
$environment, $system, $dvsl, etc.  So if there was an output file, it
could be available as $dvsl.outputfilename.  It probably should be
readonly so have DVSLContext prevent modifications to it like it does for
node.  In the future, this could be used to expose Java system properties
or Ant properties when run from within Ant.  This would allow certain
settings to be controlled at build time and have an effect on the
stylesheet in some way.

> The problem is that from  the point of view of DVSL, there is no such thing
> as an output file, so having a magic reference in the context is a bit weird
> - it makes the .dvsl stylesheets non-portable, although 99% of the use seems
> to be in ant...

Yes.

-Bill