velocity-user mailing list archives

From Darren Gilroy <DGil...@CONSONUS.com>
Subject RE: velocity and tomcat
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:48:58 GMT
Craig -

Well, the sort answer is, you don't.  At least I think you don't.  Most
individuals choose to use a servlet as the controller.  This servlet builds
your velocity context and calls the merge.  In your web.xml you map .vm
files to this servlet.

Several good controller servlets exist, I use turbine (jakrata.apache.org),
but it's pretty heavy weight if you just want to output some velocity
templates.  I think others use something called "ActionServlet" and have
seen good results.

I think there is a "VelocityServlet" interface if you wish to build your own
basic controller.

That's what I know.  Sorry I can't be more specific.

-best-darr-