velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: include directive
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2002 15:01:10 GMT
On 3/3/02 4:02 AM, "Ken Anderson" <ka@pacific.net> wrote:

> #include ("file") generates a 'resource not found' error if the include
> file is not found. Is there any way to change this behavior, so that the
> page (template) is still displayed, and the error is simply ignored?
> The default behavior for Apache when <!--include virtual="file"--> isn't
> found, is to note the error in the source - but to display the page.

Yes - originally, we had it so that when a #include() wasn't found, it gave
you the option in the output like you suggest above. (We had it so you could
configure the output, as it wasn't always HTML or XML that you were
generating...)

At some point, we replaced that functionality with letting #include() and
#parse() throw exceptions.  We should give you the option to veto the
exception throwing and just put something like above in the output.

System and Software Consulting
POC lives!