velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: dvsl: where is $outputfilename in build 0.42 ?
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2002 22:12:36 GMT
On 3/9/02 4:34 PM, "Bill Burton" <billb@progress.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> "Geir Magnusson Jr." wrote:
>>
>> On 3/9/02 3:06 PM, "Wido Hillmann" <wido.hillmann@epost.de> wrote:
>>
>>> In the dvsl context of build 0.33 was by default a useful reference
>>> called $outputfilename. I used it to deaktivate the link to the actual
>>> document for better user guideing. It is gone now forever?
>>>

>> I killed it :)
>>
>> I have some DVSL work to do  this weekend, so I'll put it back somehow.
>
> Maybe expose processing related stuff like this under a name like
> $environment, $system, $dvsl, etc.  So if there was an output file, it
> could be available as $dvsl.outputfilename.  It probably should be
> readonly so have DVSLContext prevent modifications to it like it does for
> node.  In the future, this could be used to expose Java system properties
> or Ant properties when run from within Ant.  This would allow certain
> settings to be controlled at build time and have an effect on the
> stylesheet in some way.

Of course.  :)

The problem doesn't go away though, and there is another issue.  We could
fix a name now ($dvslinfo) or let people specify it.  The latter seems
kinder and more open until you realize (or until I realize...) that this
freedom can make life miserable when you try to bring together two sets of
stylesheets for each each author chose a different token.

By fixing it now, people will know that the $dvslinfo reference is reserved.

Not a bad thing, since this is an application :)

System and Software Consulting
POC lives!