velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Regd. jar file
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:42:43 GMT
On 3/12/02 10:46 AM, "Vanitha.S@lntinfotech.com" <Vanitha.S@lntinfotech.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I had combined all my servlet packages into a single jar file. Pls. let
> me know where should i specify the jar file name so that i can access the
> servlets.

This is the wrong list for this kind of question - I would try the tomcat
list if that is the servlet engine you are using...

The quick answer is that you drop the jar into the WEB-INF/lib directory.
Then, make entries in the web.xml file such as

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>SimpleServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>foo.bar.SimpleServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

But again, please take further questions about servlet containers to the
appropriate forum.

Geir

System and Software Consulting
My inner cowboy needs to yodel.