velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Rowe" <brianmr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: CRUD Screens
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 18:00:09 GMT
<form method="post"
action="$link.setPage("Index.vm").setAction("${Table}Insert")">

to procuce:

<form method="post"
action="$link.setPage("Index.vm").setAction("$MyTableInsert")">

It won't allow a variable to be passed into the function.  I know the
variable is set becuase it produces a value when not a parameter in the same
.vm file.

>From: "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@optonline.net>
>To: velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org
>Subject: Re: CRUD Screens
>Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 16:54:19 -0500
>
>On 3/4/02 4:49 PM, "Brian Rowe" <brianmrowe@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I wanted to generate CRUD screens using velocity from the XML file that
> > defines the database in Turbine.  2 questions:
> > 1.  Is there an easy way to generate Velocity CRUD screens?
> > 2.  My error when doing this.  I could not pass a velocity variable to a
> > velocity function where the the velocity function was to be included in
>the
> > template.  For instance: To produce this line for differnt pages you
>want
> > the action to be a variable like ${TableName}Insert instead of SQL
> > everytime.
> >
> > <form method="post" action="$link.setPage("Index.vm").setAction("SQL")">
> >
> > Velocity won't allow the this.  Any ideas?
>
>First, is this more of a Turbine question? If so, you will have better luck
>on the turbine lists.
>
>Second, re the Velocity part, what won't it allow?
>
>--
>Geir Magnusson Jr.                                     geirm@optonline.net
>System and Software Consulting
>The question is : What is a Mahnamahna?