velocity-user mailing list archives

From Rangara...@lntinfotech.com
Subject Problem in TOMCAT... URGENT
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 07:50:49 GMT
Hi all,

I have the servlet application using TOMCAT-IIS AND VELOCITY Template. My
OS is WIN2K SERVER.

I have the login.html page, in that on submitting the request from the
Login page, the servlet "LoginVerify" for verifying the Login information
is called,

In that servlet i have to verify the login information, if it is successful
i have to display the next screen using the template file. Actual problem
is when I call

"getTemplate("FunctionSelection.vm " ) " in my servlet that loads the
template file, i am getting the error message as

"org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'FunctionSelection.vm' "

Note : Here "FunctionSelection.vm" is my template file ( It is present
under /WEB-INF/templates folder as specified in velocity.properties file)

Please find the web.xml, velocity.properties file below.

web.xml file
************

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
<web-app>
<servlet>
    <servlet-name>LoginVerify</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>cife.servlets.LoginVerify</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
         <param-name>properties</param-name>
         <param-value>/WEB-INF/velocity.properties</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
</web-app>

velocity.properties file
********************

#
# we are taking advantage of the fact that the file
# resource loader is the default loader
#
file.resource.loader.path = WEB-INF/templates
runtime.log = WEB-INF/velocity.log

Could anyone help me on how to do the configuration for web.xml and
velocity.properties file?

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,
Rangaraj