velocity-user mailing list archives

From bob mcwhirter <...@werken.com>
Subject Re: [DVSL] #match and unions fail?
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 00:54:57 GMT
> I'm attempting to use the #match directive with unions to match one node
> or another:
>     #match( "aaa | bbb" )
> What I'm finding is it matches "aaa" nodes but not "bbb" nodes.
>
> The real easy way to reproduce this is to modify
> examples/simple/docs/example1.dvsl changing:
>     #match("document")
>     #match("aaa | document")
> it will then fail to match on "document" and not output the <html>
> section.  However, changing it to:
>     #match("document | aaa")
> does work.
>
> I'm assuming this is really a dom4j issue so I upgraded to version 1.2 but
> this hasn't helped.  I'm attempting to reproduce this using the dom4j
> API's.  In the meantime, I'm open to suggestions.

dom4j uses Jaxen (http://jaxen.org/) under the covers for XPath stuff,
so if you want to boil things down to original sources, I suggest...

1) Try a Document.selectNodes(...) through the dom4j API.

	If that fails...

2) Try XPath.selectNodes( doc ) through the Jaxen API.

At one point, we didn't have the union operator working right, but
I think it's been fixed for a while, and dom4j 1.2 should have
integrated the latest jaxen sources, I think.

James?

	-bob