velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: VelocityDoclet - Texen supporting DocletAPI
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:12:43 GMT
On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 13:37, Bernhard Huber wrote:
> hi
>
> i was adapting texen to support the JAVA doclet API.
> Although there is already XDoclet i was thinking
> that Velocity should do that kind of task, too.
>
> Primarily I was think about defining additional
> java doc tags for Cocoon, in order to
> generate some more enhanced reference documentation.
>
> Moreover I was trying to generate JUnit tests.
>
> So is there some need for this kind of tool?
>
> Does anybody thought about defining additional
> java-doc tags for some purpose?
>
> Any comments are welcome.

There is a java parser in the jakarta-turbine-maven project that I
augmented with javadoc parsing capabilities and I've been thinking the
exact thing as you.

Simple things like @todo, or using tags to represent constraints which
is what iContract does. I also wanted to generate XML Schema's from the
constraints in the source so that you don't have to manually keep an
object model and the XML schema (when using XML to store your object
model) in sync manually.

The possibilities are basically endless :-)

> bye bernhard

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org