velocity-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re[2]: Whitespace, redux
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:47:17 GMT
Thursday, April 11, 2002, 7:17:56 AM, Jim Rudnicki wrote:

[snip]
>> Despite of my previous letter I like this approach,  but then Velocity
>> should support pluggable preprocessors... but see bellow.

> Maybe the first characters of the template can be
> #preprocess(net.mine.velocity.SpecificRulesTextTemplatePreprocessor)

I think it's +0.75. The problem here is that it is hard to remember
for the view designers. So I would like to specify a default
preprocessor class in the runtime config, and also *optionaly* bind a
preprocessors to extensions in the runtime config (overrides the
default), and then comes the #preprocess in the template which
overrides runtime config.

> Now just make a PreprocessingFileResourceLoader.  It checks for the
> #preprocess() directive, and if present runs the remainder through the
> specified class.

Yes. Just would like to note again that text preprocessing with
resource loaders is incorrect (see earlier mail).