velocity-user mailing list archives

From Peter Sojan <ilikeu...@gmx.net>
Subject [DVSL] named templates and <xsl:call-template> pendant ...
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2002 15:46:33 GMT

... are there any plans for them in the near future?

IMHO this would be great for code-reuse within templates:

I have two very similar elements A and B whereas B generates
the same output as A plus additional output.

The template for B could therefore "call" the template for
A and generate the extra output afterwards.

of course since we are in VTL we can do this style of code
reuse already if we put code for A in a macro and simply
call it from B.

The former would just be more XSLT-ish and I would not have to
wrap everything in macros ...

any suggestions!?

so long
Peter