velocity-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Riek <stephenr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Freeing myself from JSP. VelocityServlet support for javabeans.
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 02:47:09 GMT

I love Velocity. It's bloody fast, has an elegant design and most importantly of all, whoever
was responsible for documentation did a tremendous job.

However, I still find prototyping in JSP to be quicker. One of the main reasons is the close
integration of Javabeans such as

<jsp:useBean id="ord" class="orderBean" scope="request">
  <jsp:setProperty name="ord" property="*"/>
</jsp:useBean>

Is there anything in the velocityServlet can do the same ? Or is there boilerplate code that
should be able to do similar ?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen.