velocity-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Reck <Christoph.R...@dlr.de>
Subject Re: Whitespace, redux
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:06:14 GMT
Hi,

... just thinking out loud ...

The #output(...) solution seems OK, but is somewhat wordy to use
for indented/structured #if/#set/#foreach constructs. That's why
I've placed my proposal.

Geir, if you choose to use it, consider an #output() ... #end
constuct to restore previous state (the output directive without
parameters). I guess there will be some problem having one
directive form that requires an #end, and another without?
But looking at the directive name #output() w/o paramters is
somewhat misleading... maybe we can find a better name?

Also It seems strange to have the #output(false) strip text
schmoo in between. Any use for that? Maybe it is to much magic?

That is why something like #stripspaces()...#end would look nicer.
The opposite would be #literal()...#end.

Again back to my proposal for the enhancing of the whitespace
handling rules to do what a designer expects. Geir, is there
a reason for a no-go?

--
:) Christoph Reck