velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Schnitzer" <j...@infohazard.org>
Subject RE: [ANN] vDoclet project
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2002 06:54:34 GMT
If you have ever had to do any EJB work, a tool like XDoclet (or Cedric
Buest's ejbgen) is *invaluable*.  There are 4-7 files associated with
any particular EJB, and reliably maintaining them all by hand is near
impossible on a project of any size.  With XDoclet you can put all
necessary information for each EJB in special javadoc tags in one source
file and generate all the rest of the crap.

I use XDoclet fairly religiously, but I haven't been particularly
pleased at the quality of the implementation (mostly because the error
reporting really sucks).  Kudos to Mike for building a version based on
Velocity :-)

Now, if it supported ejb2.0, and built jboss-specific deployment
descriptors...

Jeff Schnitzer
jeff@infohazard.org

I'm