velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: 2 questions
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 14:44:38 GMT
On 4/5/02 9:33 AM, "RIBEIRO Paulo Jorge" <pribeiro@enabler.pt> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm a Velocity newbie and I need some help in two problems:
>
> 1- I'm using a template to a "one" line string. Because my template is huge,
> it is not very easy to work with it. My question is if there is any way to
> avoid the new line characters from the template file to the output. For
> example, if I have "$firstvalue$secondvalue$thirdvalue" template can I
> define the template like
> $firstvalue
> $secondvalue
> $thirdvalue
> Having the merge result in just one line.

Well... You could strip the characters out, or use a stream filter somehow,
I guess.

> 2- It is possible to disable the Velocity log? If yes, How can I do it.

Not really disable, but you can force it to log into nothingness.

Assuming using the VelocityEngine rather than the Velocity singleton
(although the method calls are the same)

  ve.setProperty(Velocity.RUNTIME_LOG_LOGSYSTEM_CLASS,
      "org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.NullLogSystem" );

Before ve.init().

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                                      geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting