velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Igor Abade V. Leite" <igor...@cosespseguros.com.br>
Subject RES: Optional parameters in Velocimacro
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:37:51 GMT
I'm trying to write a Grid-like Velocimacro, which displays a
properly-wrapped
ResultSet in a table with a pager and all sorts of whistles and bells.

I'd like to give to some of the parameters a default value, so the user
could
save some typing - e.g. a #DataColumn macro would require a Width
parameter,
which can be completely omitted by the user - in such case, the macro
would render
a <td> element with no "width" attribute. Same goes for other
attributes, like
"nowrap" and "style".

In the worst circumstances, I'd have to write multiple versions of the
same macro,
resulting in something that barely resembles a method overloading. But,
since there
is no macro overloading, I'd have to use different names for each macro
version, and
that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

	Thanks,
		Igor