velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Colson" <tcol...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: VELTOOLS - App scope items?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 06:55:30 GMT
Ugh... foggy indeed.

In the log, I notice this error:
"RHS of #set statement is null. Context will not be modified.
/vm/FooTemplate.vm [line 3, column 1]"

I had toUpper() the name of the template variable, but didn't fix it in
#set ($half = $foo / 2)

I suppose this is a run-time evaluation issue and so the logs seem like
a reasonable place to go with it.. but, is there/should there be any way
to let the template designer know that something nasty has happened?

Sorry for the bother folks, and thanks Tom for the super-speedy reply
from Oz.

I've got one follow-on though... I tried all sorts of attemps to just
grab something from "application" - ex. $Application.getRealPath()
$application.RealPath, etc. without success.

I just grabbed the latest from CVS and I'm using:
velocity-tools-struts-0.9.jar
velocity-tools-view-0.8.jar
velocity-tools-library-0.3.jar
velocity-1.3.jar