velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Colson" <tcol...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: VELTOOLS - App scope items?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 07:24:33 GMT
> I've got one follow-on though... I tried all sorts of attemps
> to just grab something from "application" - ex.
> $Application.getRealPath() $application.RealPath, etc.
> without success.
> Should this work?
> Tim
No you dimwit.. it shouldn't! getRealPath() doesn't exist, but
getRealPath(String foo) does.

Ugh. I'm putting down the mouse and backing away from the keyboard. ;-)

..uh well... I can't help but make one last attempt at saving some of my
dignity and trying to ask a non-dimwitted question ->

How would I disallow an HTML designer from invoking any public method
they please on that $application variable? (ex.
$application.removeAttribute("it_would_be_bad_to_remove_me")

Geez, I hope that is halfway intelligent. ;-)

Cheers,
Tim