velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: VELTOOLS - App scope items?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:37:07 GMT
Ed said:
> Sometime, it is neccessary to expose important objects such as request,
> session and application to write useful macros. Is there a way to fend
> off access to these object before a macro invocation?

at present, no, there is no way to block access to these objects when using
the VVS.  *if* my suggestion (and forthcoming patch i think) are
implemented, then you would be able to block access to these objects in two
ways.

1. create a tool with the same key
    this tool could perhaps give restricted access to the blocked object, or
it could do nothing but be in the way.

2. do a #set( $application = "foo" )  right before the macro or whatever
    this would also block access to the 'real' $application, but would only
do so for that one request

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com