velocity-user mailing list archives

From "G.L. Grobe" <g...@grobe.net>
Subject [off topic] WebWorkVelocityServlet
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2002 20:19:22 GMT
It's a bit off topic but I hope ok to send here as maybe someone uses this.

I have a WebWork clas extended from ActionSupport w/ a mapping that returns
a WebWorkVelocityServlet which is defined as ...

   public class Products extends WebWorkVelocityServlet implements
ParameterAware { ...

It implements ParameterAware so that it can capture the request query string
parameters. But it's extended from WebWorkVelocityServlet so that it
contains ...

   public Template handleRequest(Context context) { ...

By using this, I understand that I can write the following in my velocity
templates ...

   #if ( $reqParser.getParameter("myParam").equals("this_string") )
      ## do something
   #end

My problem is that I can't figure out how to return different mappings
because this class use to be extended from ActionSupport and I had the
execute() method to compare the incoming parameters (ParameterAware). Now
that I've made it into a WebworkVelocityServlet I don't know where to
capture the query string param and make a decision on which mapping to
return.

Any help much appreciated.