velocity-user mailing list archives

From Panu Hällfors <p...@hallfors.com>
Subject Re: Localization pull service?
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 15:09:54 GMT
On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 05:01:46PM +0200, Gabriel Sidler wrote:
> Hi Panu,
> Dan Rall has contributed a view tool that provides some
> i18n support. It's part of the Velocity Tools subproject
> and is called MultiViewTool. What it basically does is
> find for a requested template and a desired language the
> file name of the corresponding internationalized template,
> or a default file name if the desired language is not available.
>
> More details here:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-velocity-tools/view/src/java/org/apache/velocity/tools/view/i18n/

Thanks. This looks quite good. However, I'd like more to have
a single template for all languages and just retrieve the translations
one by one. It's very hard to keep all the language versions of the
templates up to date without a tool (and I'd rather not use multiple
tools...)

    Panu

--
Panu Hällfors, panu@hallfors.com|CS Student, Helsinki University of Technology