velocity-user mailing list archives

From Gabriel Sidler <sid...@teamup.ch>
Subject Re: Localization pull service?
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 15:01:46 GMT
Panu Hällfors wrote:

> [I'm not sure if I should post this to Turbine's or
> Velocity's lists - I'll try first here]
>
> Is there a localization pull service available for a
> Turbine/Velocity combination? There's the Localization
> service in Turbine 2 but it cannot be used as a
> pull service on Velocity pages.
>
> Well, it's not a great job to subclass Localization
> service and make it a pull service but I'd like to
> use an existing tool if available.
>
>     Panu

Hi Panu,
Dan Rall has contributed a view tool that provides some
i18n support. It's part of the Velocity Tools subproject
and is called MultiViewTool. What it basically does is
find for a requested template and a desired language the
file name of the corresponding internationalized template,
or a default file name if the desired language is not available.

More details here:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-velocity-tools/view/src/java/org/apache/velocity/tools/view/i18n/

Hope this helps
Gabe

Gabriel Sidler
Software Engineer, Eivycom GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland