velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Duska" <Jeff.Du...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: Velosurf 0.5 released
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 18:47:59 GMT
Isn't this a bad thing to do? Does this merge the Model, even some of
the controller functionality into my View. Wouldn't be better to use
Torque, to create DAO and VO to work with instead? Maybe I am
misunderstanding the goals of Velocity, but I thought it was to make
sure that view could only do the view. It was this type of thing in JSP
that designers wanted to avoid at all costs.

If this isn't a bad thing, why not have this as part of the tools
project? Wouldn't dbtool be a name? I'm not sure how Velosurf tells me
that this about a database?

Again, I might be completely wrong. I just like better understand how
the MVC work with this tool?

Thanks,

Jeff