velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Duska" <Jeff.Du...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: Velocity under non-Java environments
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 21:22:01 GMT
Gonzalo Diethelm wrote:

>whether it is a Perl, PHP, Java or Python object. To do this, it is
>not necessary to reimplement Velocity in a different language.

I think problem is that most ISPs that provide PHP or Perl support do
not provide a JVM. If you have the JVM, then you implement the gateways,
otherwise you'll be stuck. One option that I don't think anyone has
mentioned is to try to compile the current codebase using gcc into a
native library. I'm not sure that this would work, but it would nice if
it did. Then there is the question on how to intereface to the system,
but I think gcc has something called CNI that is designed to do this. It
has been a while since I looked at gcc's Java support, but it worth a look.

Anyhow, just a thought.

Regards,

Jeff