velocity-user mailing list archives

From Mike Williams <m...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] vDoclet-20020711 released
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:21:37 GMT
  >>> "Jeff" == "Jeff Duska" <Jeff.Duska@noaa.gov>

  Jeff> Have you heard that the xDoclet group is consider replacing thier
  Jeff> template language with Velocity. I'm not sure if was here on the
  Jeff> developer list, but some of the xDoclet people mention this while
  Jeff> asking a few questions.

Thanks Jeff.  Yup, I know XDoclet is considering a move to Velocity, and
have exchanged emails with a couple of the guys about it.

  Jeff> Your team and you might want to merge with xDoclet.

Yeah.  I'm not sure yet whether a *merge* would be feasible, as the two
approaches are quite different under the covers (vDoclet is based on an
object-model ... XDoclet has something more akin to JSP taglibs).  But you
never know ... I'm waiting to hear more about what their plans are.

--
cheers, Mike

"I love deadlines.  I like the whooshing sound they make
 as they fly by."
        -- Douglas Adams