velocity-user mailing list archives

From Tom Dunstan <tom.duns...@intecgroup.com.au>
Subject RE: VELTOOLS - App scope items?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:44:03 GMT
Hi

> Currently, to achieve above you would have to modify class
> org.apache.velocity.tools.view.context.ChainedContext.
>
> If hiding request, session or application attributes from the
> Velocity context is a common need, we could make this configurable.

As I understood it, the question was more about how to hide specific
methods, rather than whole objects. I seem to recall a certain developer
from freemarker livening up discussions here for a while on this subject.
AFAIK, you can't restrict access to individual methods with velocity. You
can wrap your object in another one which doesn't make those methods
available, however. It might be a good thing to have "safe" versions of the
request, response, session and application vars available for web page
designers who aren't trusted by their programmers :)

Tom

--
Tom Dunstan
Intec Consulting Group