velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Ed Yu" <e...@asgnet.psc.sc.edu>
Subject RE: Advantages of JSP over Velocity
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:19:51 GMT

reduction in code size.

The absolute best thing that I *love* about Velocity is that it points
you to exactly where your error is ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: plynchnlm@netscape.net [mailto:plynchnlm@netscape.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 5:06 PM
To: velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Advantages of JSP over Velocity

Are there any advantages of JSP over Velocity?  Is there anything JSP
can do that Velocity can't?  I have read much (on the Velocity web-site)
about the advantages of Velocity over JSP, but I keep thinking there
must be another side of the story.  The only thing in favor of JSP that
I have found is the custom tag libraries that are available, especially
with Struts.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can offer,
   --Paul

Paul Lynch
Aquilent, Inc.

http://shopnow.netscape.com/