velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: problem with caching?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 10:39:18 GMT
On 7/3/02 3:17 AM, "lordi" <lord.of.board@gmx.de> wrote:

> hi,
> i have written a servlet, which is supposed to logout a user by invalidating
> his servlet session. it works fine, when i invoke the servlet the first time,
> but if i invoke it again, the session is not invalidated anymore.
> i think it has something to do with the caching system of either the servlet
> engine or velocity. can anybody please tell me, how i can prevent this
> behaviour?

Well, I think we'll need a little more detail, but Velocity's caching is
limited only to templates - that means that with the right settings,
Velocity will load the templates you ask for and keep them loaded in a
parsed state, for faster access if you ask for it again.

It's very unlikely, given what you describe, that Velocity has anything to
do with it.

How do you invalidate the servlet session?

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.